Parts Counter position available at the Great Bend, KS Location.
Our Parts Representatives play an important role on our team. They welcome customers in our stores and help them find what they are looking for. They are knowledgeable about the products and services we sell and find the right parts for the customers’ needs. They work closely with the service technicians to ensure they are able to complete their jobs accurately and efficiently.
On a daily basis, parts, representatives:
1. Promptly and respectfully assist with customer needs (both in person and on the telephone) in finding and purchasing the correct replacement/new parts while promoting Parts Department objectives.
2. Correctly pull/work with necessary parts for customers by verifying quantity, part number, and bin location.
3. Assist with ordering parts when needed.
4.Assist other stores with parts needs and the transfer of parts between stores as needed.
5. Maintain and enhance display area throughout store, clean and organize parts displays and bins.
6. Arrange, organize, and stock parts.
7. Price products/parts on shelves.
8. Back-up Shipping/Receiving and distribute received parts to the appropriate area within store.
9. Follow up on back orders and track parts shipments.
10. File and track all claims and vendors, return parts to vendor in a timely manner.
11. Participate in annual parts inventory.
12. Record lost sales.
Experience and Skills:
The right person for this job will have a dynamic personality and enjoy interacting with customers and co-workers. This person will be friendly and out-going, detail-oriented, and organized.
Job Related Skills:
- Previous customer service experience
- Stockroom, warehouse, or other experience with inventory
- Familiarity and comfort with using computers
- Good with numbers
- Experience in and Agricultural or Construction type setting is strongly preferred
- 103 years experience in a customer service related position
- Associates Degree in Business
- Ability to work occasional Saturdays between 7:30 and 11:30 am
- Ability to see with or without corrective lenses, must be able to wear safety eyewear
- The job requires an employee to sit, walk, climb ladders, operate a forklift and other machinery, and occasionally lift up to 75 pounds
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.